The Restaurant Challenge
• The goal of this part of the program is to increase the patronage of local restaurants. Some people may be able to do a little, some may be able to do a lot, but we’re hoping that everyone will be able to do something.
• The way it works is we’re asking everyone in Steamboat to pledge to order takeout from local restaurants more often than they would in a normal year. The goal is to get our community to pull together and order an additional 1,000 takeout meals in December, which would result in over $50,000 of additional revenue going directly to our local restaurants.
• In order to track our progress together, we are asking everyone in town to send an email to SteamboatLocalLove@gmail.com with their pledge as to how many extra times will order takeout food in the month of December, i.e., if you normally order takeout once per week, your household would pledge to order two more times per week for four weeks, so your pledge would be eight.
• This email doesn’t need to be fancy. It can be as simple as, “My family pledges to order takeout 10 more times this December than we have done past years.”
• Pledges of all levels are welcome (1 – 31 additional takeout orders), and it is our hope that everyone in the community will be able to make a pledge.
• Everyone who makes a pledge will receive an awesome “Steamboat Local Love” sticker, designed by Kaitlin Hollister, founder and creative director of Stand Creative Studio, here in Steamboat.